Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

****BRANDEIS 2021 REGULAR DECISION THREAD****

umbrella45umbrella45 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited January 2017 in Brandeis University
Just a place where Brandeis regular decision applicants can discuss the admissions process and chance each other. Good luck to everyone who applied!!!

Replies to: ****BRANDEIS 2021 REGULAR DECISION THREAD****

• prsts05prsts05 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    My daughter has applied for regular decision and I want to get more information about the pre-med track?
  • munit123munit123 Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    I applied RD too!
  • Ruby99Ruby99 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    hi! i hope more people comment so we can get to know each other!
  • greenteen17greenteen17 Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    Hi everyone! I applied to Brandeis RD.
  • figgie13figgie13 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    I applied RD too :-)
  • cloudysmomcloudysmom Registered User Posts: 680 Member
    My D applied RD but a real long shot
  • avatarneilavatarneil Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    I'm a RD Applicant. Just received an email with the header, "Brandeisians making a difference" which included a bunch of information about their new president. Did anyone else get this?
  • mohammadmohd18mohammadmohd18 Registered User Posts: 493 Member
    I know next to nothing about this university, @avatarneil. I will posit, however, that anything you got in your email is not individualized and has been spammed out to everyone and their mother. Any official email will be just that: official.
  • greenteen17greenteen17 Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    @avatarneil I also applied RD and got it. I assume everyone got it as well.
  • Momofsenior2017Momofsenior2017 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Hi, I'm a mom of another RD applicant. I didn't get the email you two got, from Brandeis, but I'll ask my son (the applicant) if he received it. The univ. has my email address too, though, so it appears to me that they sent that email to student/applicants but not to their parent(s).
    For @prsts05 : My S is also pre-med. I think they do a really nice job at this univ. with their pre-med advising (a detail we like ...) and also, its nice to see that NOT all of their pre-med students end up needing a gap year between college and med. school (though many still have a gap year; I think the figure was that about 1/3rd apply early enough and so don't take the gap year). - Such is almost unheard of with our state's public colleges/univ.s, where they all take a gap year.
    @cloudysmom : You mentioned you thought its a long shot (for your D); something to consider that could affect this (I think) is whether or not you/your D would be full-pay or not (as, from what I've read, Brand. Univ. is NOT a need-blind college); so full-pay applicant may have better odds of admission (but I'm kind of new to this; my S applicant is my eldest, after all.)
    Yes I agree, we need a lot of aid so makes it an even longer shot.
    Well, I wish you the best of luck, cloudysmom.

And, just so that I don't risk misleading/discouraging people, I HAVE heard that this university does give a LOT of need-based aid, its just with the merit-based aid there are limits to what is affordable for the university; we were told that merit-based aid caps out at 20K per year, and that need-based aid is the more common of the two here (but again, I'm not an insider ... I just have spoken with some people there.)
    edited February 2017
    I doubt my D qualifies for any merit aid there, she sort of applied for the heck of it, but thank you!