Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Freshman Academy Housing

gubgub Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
edited April 2009 in Brigham Young University
Have any of you who are doing freshman academy chosen your rooms yet? I'm waiting anxiously for a room mate, but I'm afraid someone in my learning community is never going to pick that bed and it will go to someone else later!
Post edited by gub on

Replies to: Freshman Academy Housing

• talha_adnantalha_adnan Registered User Posts: 715 Member
    Could someone kindly explain what Freshman Academy is all about?What are the plus points? When you decide to join it...?
    And, is it open to internationals and non-members of the church?
  • cdcdcdcd Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    real quick Tahla.

I am not completely 100% sure what Freshman Academy is. I know that you stay with a certain group of roomates who attend classes with you etc. etc.

But the point I want to clear up is that every opportunity/program is available to ALL BYU STUDENTS. That includes Hindus, Non-LDS, Siberians etc etc. (you get the point ? :) )

Good luck!
  • talha_adnantalha_adnan Registered User Posts: 715 Member
    Greaaat! :) I'll keep that point in mind.

Well, their site says ..
    Fall 2009
    Freshman Academy offers two kinds of learning community experiences: 1) neighborhood learning communities based on the housing complex where students reside; and 2) non-housing specific learning communities. Students interested in participating in a Freshman Academy learning community must apply to Freshman Academy.

All students will follow the same Housing application and room selection process regardless of their participation in a Freshman Academy learning community. Changing rooms from one housing complex to another (such as Helaman to Heritage Halls) will affect participation in neighborhood learning communities.

So, I'm guessing that FA uses Helaman and Heritage Housing, the difference is that you're either a part of the learning community or not. Am I right?
This discussion has been closed.