Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transferring to BYU and Need Help

Sirene2006Sirene2006 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
I`m interested in transfering to BYU, and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is also wanting to transfer or has already applied as a transfer student?

It would be nice to get a discussion going with others who are in a similar situation.

If you're a transfer at BYU, I would like to know how your experience has been there and if you regret or don't regret transferring.

And also have a question.. is it true they require college transfers to have a minimum GPA of 3.0? I have a 3.8 college GPA, but I`m worried about hearing that the minimum might actually be higher than 3.0... some say it might actually be 3.8.

So I don't know what to think. I just hope they accept me 'cause I really want to start going there for school. I`m going to school in Utah right now but it's deffinatly not the same compared to the experience at the Y that's for sure. Also, I want to go there for the animation program. Heard it was really awesome and that it consider girls with talent for that kind of stuff (since it is a male-dominated industry).

I`m Hispanic, just got my Associates degree, active in the church, and go to institute if anyone wants to have a go at what my chances are of getting admitted.

Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.