Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Creative writing at Brown

asquithasquith Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2013 in Brown University
The latest edition of Rugg's doesn't list Brown's undergrad program in the creative writing category. The grad school program is listed in the top 5 and the Brown web site sounds like the undergrad program is very good. Does anyone know anything about creative writing at Brown. Why would the program not be listed?
Post edited by asquith on

Replies to: Creative writing at Brown

• fireandrainfireandrain Registered User Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    Creative writing falls under the Literary Arts department. I don't know what Rugg's is, don't know how it is compiled/created, don't know if it is valid, so I have no idea why Brown's department isn't listed or know what that means (and I've been interested in college admissions for years -- I'm not a HS student who just started researching college admissions).

The Literary Arts department at Brown is considered pretty strong. Many students at Brown take LA classes. As I understand it, to make the classes available to many students, a lot of the classes are taught by TAs (graduate students).

What else do you want to know? Have you explored the department's website, Literary Arts | Literary Arts Program
  • NapoleonInRagsNapoleonInRags Registered User Posts: 378 Member
    The creative writing / literary arts program is exceptional at Brown. If you have any specific questions let me know
  • Platypus1212Platypus1212 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Does Brown have a creative writing major?
This discussion has been closed.