Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions about Brown

cathytangcathytang Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
edited August 2012 in Brown University
I'm currently doing some researches on Brown and I learnt from a website that the followings are among the Brown student's favorite.
1The New Curriculum
2The student body
3President Ruth Simmons
4Thayer Street
5The College Greens

Can any current students or people who've done better researches than me explain these five terms?
Post edited by cathytang on

Replies to: Questions about Brown

• BrownAlumParentBrownAlumParent Registered User Posts: 661 Member
    I've noted more of this type of question since a "new" idea it seems of high school teachers is to have an assignment for grade/paper where students research colleges. Great idea for the students, but part of the assignment is for students to do their own homework, not have others do it for them. If you spend a bit more time looking things up here and on the Brown websites, you will find the answers to your question.
  • lostmyeszettlostmyeszett Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    There are Wikipedia pages for items 3 an 4. The Brown Wikipedia page or the Brown website should help with item 1. Items 2 and 5 should be fairly self explanitory referring to the type of students attending Brown (which is talked about in many threads on this site) and the primary green spaces on campus (if all else fails, look at a map).
  • LoremIpsumLoremIpsum Registered User Posts: 3,501 Senior Member
    Why post such a question here unless you were looking for opinions or hard to find details? With such a specific list of terms already in hand, wouldn't just be quicker and easier to type each individual phrase, along with the words Brown University, into Google and read the top links that pop up?
This discussion has been closed.