Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT or ACT?

Ferraridriver23Ferraridriver23 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited October 2012 in Brown University
On Brown's website it says that the ACT may alternatively take place of both the SAT 1 and SAT subject tests. Does this mean that I can send in my ACT scores without sending in my SAT scores? And does this mean I am not required to send in two Subject Tests if I send in my ACT scores? If I am taking both my subject tests in December, will I still be able to use them for my application? Thanks.
Post edited by Ferraridriver23 on

Replies to: SAT or ACT?

• bruno14bruno14 Registered User Posts: 2,051 Senior Member
    If you send in your ACT scores, there's no need to send in your SAT or SAT Subject test scores.
  • Ferraridriver23Ferraridriver23 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    So I will be fine even if I don't send my Subject test scores? Do you think it will be fine if i send both my ACT scores and Subject Test scores if I want to apply to PLME? thanks again
  • bruno14bruno14 Registered User Posts: 2,051 Senior Member
    For PLME, they will want to see subject test scores if you have them, and I'd send them if they're pretty good. They can never hurt.

But no, if you send in your ACT, you are not required to send in subject test scores.
This discussion has been closed.