Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Is Brown perfect for me? Any other school suggestions?

ujstplayedurselfujstplayedurself Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I am a current junior thinking a lot about colleges and my potential choices for early action/decision.

I would consider myself a very "chill" person. I do not concern myself a lot with things that tend to stress other people out. I like to, above everything, talk to and hang out with my friends. I am no way a "fratty" jock. I actually quite despise them. That being said, I am not opposed to greek life.

In college, I want to avoid a strong core curriculum, and just study things I want to study. Of course, I still want some prestige and a good brand name school, and I think Brown as an Ivy suffices.

Besides HYPSM, do u think there is any other prestigious institution that can offer what I want with my college experience? The reason I want to avoid HYPSM is because I think those schools are a little risky for me to apply to.

I really don't have a dream school besides harvard, which I think I have given up on despite my legacy.

Replies to: Is Brown perfect for me? Any other school suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.