Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Please Chance Me for ED!

wrenegadewrenegade Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited August 2016 in Brown University
Brown University is my absolute dream school, and I would really appreciate it if you could look over my stats and tell me whether or not I would be competitive for this school. Also, if you could give me any advice that would be fantastic, and I'd be happy to chance you back if you'd like!

•SAT I: 1570/1600 (780 Reading and Writing // 790 Math)
•SAT II:Math II: 780, Chemistry: 780, Eng Lit: 790
•Unweighted GPA: 95.5/100 (weighted GPA is 102.5/106)
•Rank: Definitely top 5%, maybe top 3% out of class of 600
•AP: World History(4), Statistics(4), Calc BC(4), Chinese(5), English Lang(5), US History(5), Environmental Science(5), Psych(5)
•Senior Year Course Load: AP Eng Lit, AP Gov, AP Bio, Multivariable Calculus, AP French, Chamber Ensemble, Critical Health, Principles of Engineering
•Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National AP Scholar, President's Volunteer Service Award (x3), National Merit Scholar

•Extracurriculars: Science Olympiad (4 years, Head Captain 1 year, C Team Captain 2 years), NHS (1 year, Secretary), Literary Magazine (4 years, Literary Editor and contributor), Orchestra (+4 years, concert master and board member), Cross country/Track (+4 years), French Honor Society (4 years)
•Volunteer/Community Service: ~400 hours. Play violin at nursing home, volunteer at kid's science center (4 years), volunteer at local hospital (4 years)
•Summer Activities: Did a research project on quantum entanglement, took 3 online courses (philosophy, effective altruism, morals of politics), collaborated with friend on designing a video game about badass women in history

•State (if domestic applicant): NY
•Country (if international applicant): USA
•School Type: Large Public
•Ethnicity: Asian
•Income Bracket: 100+
•Hooks: None, both my parents have advanced degrees

Replies to: Please Chance Me for ED!

This discussion has been closed.