Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Brown Waitlist 2021

ScaredofSchoolScaredofSchool Registered User Posts: 301 Member
edited March 2017 in Brown University
Hey guys so I wanted to make a thread for the waitlist applicants. I know 1,000 people were offered a place and I happen to be one of them. So here we can discuss what we will be doing to attend brown!

Replies to: Brown Waitlist 2021

• ichiberrytanichiberrytan Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Same! I never thought I would be anything other than rejected imo but the fact that they waitlisted me is a sign that maybe I should keep pursuing this school.

I read the letter and I thought it was a dream that they gave me a chance. I know that might not be the same for everyone else but hopefully the number they accept this year is quite large. :-)))
  • HPhelpbot123HPhelpbot123 Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Waitlisted as well. I emailed my interviewer this morning (as he asked to know how I fared). I plan on submitting an update over the upcoming weeks as I have had a fair bit of developments I feel I should share.
  • stemmmmstemmmm Registered User Posts: 292 Junior Member
    Last year they took almost 200 students off the waitlist, and not everyone of the 1000 offered a place on the list will take one. I think your odds just got a lot better than the 8% that you had when you applied. Stay positive and submit letters of interest and updates. Good luck!!
  • lighthouse1a1lighthouse1a1 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Could someone post the text of the wait list letter? When I accepted my spot on the wait list, the letter disappeared and I can't find it anywhere in the portal
  • lhw1998lhw1998 Registered User Posts: 483 Member
    Still haven't lost hope :)
    I applied for engineering btw
  • ScaredofSchoolScaredofSchool Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Same^^
  • felicityliufelicityliu Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, I am a future international graduate student applying Brown, and so far, I receive nothing from Brown. Is the waitlist sent by postal?
  • ScaredofSchoolScaredofSchool Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Yes^^^
  • brownianmotionbrownianmotion Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Yea.. does anybody know where to find the actual text of the waitlist letter because it disappeared for me
  • DreamforIvyDreamforIvy Registered User Posts: 516 Member
    Hey guys! I was waitlisted too
  • ambitiousgeekambitiousgeek Registered User Posts: 161 Junior Member
    Mine disappeared too but I already chose to accept the waitlist offer. Does anyone know how to contact admissions about new updates and what/how to write their letter?
  • rrandersonrranderson Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    ^^ where are we supposed to send updates?? after i accepted the waitlist offer the option to submit supplementary materials disappeared
  • PinkQuetzal9PinkQuetzal9 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    edited April 2017
    First generation here so excuse the ignorance. What interest letters are you guys referring to?! I have to submit a letter of interest after being waitlisted?! To whom?!
  • lhw1998lhw1998 Registered User Posts: 483 Member
    I recently changed my mind regarding my major. Rather than ChemE, I want to study Math & CS. Should I include this in my LOCI?
  • Nabeel12Nabeel12 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    Where do we send our letter of continued interest? In the website it says "Please do not send application updates directly to your admission officer. If you have an application update please upload it through your Application Summary page once you have applied." I thought we should be sending it to our regional admission officer? Or is an application update a different thing than LOCI? Because I kinda mashed up both of them in one letter.
This discussion has been closed.