right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

1112113114115116118»

Replies to: Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

• VolunteerismVolunteerism 414 replies4 threads Member
    edited April 2018
    @omgBrown Ditto...
    I also have a sister (currently a sophomore) at Brown. I will be attending ADOCH (also UPenn’s Admitted Student event) next week - Class of 2022.
    edited April 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • help2017help2017 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Congratulations! Sounds like your son had fabulous choices. May I ask where you're from? Public or private school, city or other -- general location? Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • help2017help2017 9 replies1 threads New Member
    @momofcollegebound post #2342 was meant for you: Congratulations! Sounds like your son had fabulous choices. May I ask where you're from? Public or private school, city or other -- general location? Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • lovemydog4everlovemydog4ever 7 replies2 threads New Member
    If you think you should qualify, appeal by emailing and asking for a second look. We did that and cleared up some questions and got a better offer. Worth a try.
    · Reply · Share
  • wigrlpwrwigrlpwr 19 replies6 threads Junior Member
    ^^I did the same to appeal financial aid. Sent a nice letter and met with an aid officer (not sure if the meeting made a difference) and they ended up increasing my university scholarship by 8k. I was elated
    · Reply · Share
  • PhysikzguyPhysikzguy 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Here were my results, for future reference:

Accepted: Brown, UCLA, Harvey Mudd College, and King's College London.

Waitlist: Harvard, Caltech, Princeton, and Cal. (I'll keep you guys updated)

Rejected: MIT (I applied EA and was deferred and then rejected).

Withdrawn: McGill and UCSB.

Other: Imperial College London (No idea what's up with them).

SAT: 1550 (790 M 760 ERBW)
    SAT II: 800 M2, 800 PHY, 770 USH
    GPA (UW): 3.97
    Demographic: European Male, Northeastern US
    School: Private Prep
    EC's: Cross Country/Track, Quizbowl, Math Team, and Research.
    Hooks: Good research in Physics, with published projects connected to a respected University and Prof.

Comments:
    I was a bit surprised by the results. I wholeheartedly thought I was a much better candidate for Caltech or MIT than any of the Ivies. I honestly thought it was likeliest that I would get rejected from all of the Ivies far before Caltech/MIT.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofcollegeboundmomofcollegebound 10 replies4 threads New Member
    @help2017 Thanks. My son attended a public school in a suburb about 40 minutes outside NYC. It's not a nationally ranked school or anything... in fact it suffers from inadequate funding, but has some excellent teachers nonetheless. He was not a URM or a 1st generation applicant.
    · Reply · Share
  • burghdadburghdad 715 replies10 threads Member
    @JayZee21 Just saw this congratulations on Vandy. What a great school.
    · Reply · Share
  • ovcraindrop24ovcraindrop24 10 replies6 threads Junior Member
    goodluck
    · Reply · Share
  • ovcraindrop24ovcraindrop24 10 replies6 threads Junior Member
    goodluck
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity