Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

1151152153154155157»

Replies to: Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

• VolunteerismVolunteerism Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    edited April 2018
    @omgBrown Ditto...
    I also have a sister (currently a sophomore) at Brown. I will be attending ADOCH (also UPenn’s Admitted Student event) next week - Class of 2022.
  • help2017help2017 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Congratulations! Sounds like your son had fabulous choices. May I ask where you're from? Public or private school, city or other -- general location? Thank you!
  • help2017help2017 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @momofcollegebound post #2342 was meant for you: Congratulations! Sounds like your son had fabulous choices. May I ask where you're from? Public or private school, city or other -- general location? Thank you!
  • lovemydog4everlovemydog4ever Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    If you think you should qualify, appeal by emailing and asking for a second look. We did that and cleared up some questions and got a better offer. Worth a try.
  • wigrlpwrwigrlpwr Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    ^^I did the same to appeal financial aid. Sent a nice letter and met with an aid officer (not sure if the meeting made a difference) and they ended up increasing my university scholarship by 8k. I was elated
  • PhysikzguyPhysikzguy Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Here were my results, for future reference:

Accepted: Brown, UCLA, Harvey Mudd College, and King's College London.

Waitlist: Harvard, Caltech, Princeton, and Cal. (I'll keep you guys updated)

Rejected: MIT (I applied EA and was deferred and then rejected).

Withdrawn: McGill and UCSB.

Other: Imperial College London (No idea what's up with them).

SAT: 1550 (790 M 760 ERBW)
    SAT II: 800 M2, 800 PHY, 770 USH
    GPA (UW): 3.97
    Demographic: European Male, Northeastern US
    School: Private Prep
    EC's: Cross Country/Track, Quizbowl, Math Team, and Research.
    Hooks: Good research in Physics, with published projects connected to a respected University and Prof.

Comments:
    I was a bit surprised by the results. I wholeheartedly thought I was a much better candidate for Caltech or MIT than any of the Ivies. I honestly thought it was likeliest that I would get rejected from all of the Ivies far before Caltech/MIT.
  • momofcollegeboundmomofcollegebound Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    @help2017 Thanks. My son attended a public school in a suburb about 40 minutes outside NYC. It's not a nationally ranked school or anything... in fact it suffers from inadequate funding, but has some excellent teachers nonetheless. He was not a URM or a 1st generation applicant.
  • burghdadburghdad Registered User Posts: 552 Member
    @JayZee21 Just saw this congratulations on Vandy. What a great school.
  • ovcraindrop24ovcraindrop24 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    goodluck
  • ovcraindrop24ovcraindrop24 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    goodluck
This discussion has been closed.