right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

Replies to: Brown Class of 2022 Applicants Discussion

• maiju15maiju15 38 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @jcruz98 I did not understand Brown only considers application with ACT score. Can anybody explain about those who applied with SAT score whether their application are reviewed or not?
    · Reply · Share
  • sciencenerd123sciencenerd123 774 replies48 threadsRegistered User Member
    @maju15 They are talking about PLME. Brown accepts the SAT, but says SAT Subject tests are "recommended." Info was inconsistent about whether this was the same for PLME, and whether or not Brown requires/wants you to submit subject test scores when you applied to PLME with the ACT.
    · Reply · Share
  • DeastonDeaston 273 replies13 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Ignore @petesou - Brown will have to notify applicants in time for those who are deferred/rejected to submit applications to other schools by the January 1 deadline.
    · Reply · Share
  • petesoupetesou 7 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Sorry guys. I heard they are reviewing again all of the ED PLME applications.
    · Reply · Share
  • Sleep_DeprivedSleep_Deprived 21 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    But are they required to release results by January 1? Because I heard certain schools release their early action results well into January. Maybe the policy is different for ED?
    · Reply · Share
  • sciencenerd123sciencenerd123 774 replies48 threadsRegistered User Member
    Oh so they're just doing PLME again? Can't they just release PLME results after the rest of us?
    · Reply · Share
  • DeastonDeaston 273 replies13 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Early Decision results are almost always released by December 15. Early action is later because it’s non-binding.
    · Reply · Share
  • dryagedbeefdryagedbeef 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    its gotta b the 15th
    · Reply · Share
  • alizarinalizarin 61 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Last year it was the 14th. 2015 and 2014 it was the 10th or 11th.
    · Reply · Share
  • bruno14bruno14 2030 replies22 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Not sure where @petesou heard that info, but I know people involved in PLME admissions and they are on schedule. Try not to spread rumors, it just makes people freak out more. ED admissions will generally be released between December 12th-17th. My bet would be the 15th this year as they often do Fridays.
    · Reply · Share
  • gsocuwgsocuw 36 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Has anyone contacted the admissions office to ask about the date yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • stolbrstolbr 37 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @gsocuw Why don't you do it? I would but I've already emailed them about small things a bunch of times and don't want to give a bad impression.
    · Reply · Share
  • JaninaWeinasJaninaWeinas 9 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited December 2017
    @MissE99 I always thought March 30 or 31 was the norm for RD, but now I'm second guessing! It's okay though, hopefully the two or three days difference won't be too bad. I know my daughter will be sweating with nervousness waiting for a response :/
    edited December 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • IlluminatiIsRealIlluminatiIsReal 343 replies40 threadsRegistered User Member
    Applying RD soon!! Good Luck everyone :)
    · Reply · Share
  • theoriginalbrowntheoriginalbrown 22 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I just received an e-mail to set up an official financial aid account for Brown. Does this indicate anything towards admissions decisions?
    · Reply · Share
  • APMamaAPMama 9 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Don’t read into it. Financial aid and admissions are separate - this is for all who indicated they would be applying for aid to make sure you aren’t missing any documents.
    · Reply · Share
  • petesoupetesou 7 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Brown just confirmed on email about their confusion with Subject test scores and ACT!!!

"The PLME strongly recommends, but does not require, two (2) SAT Subject Tests if the student is submitting the SAT as opposed to the ACT. Also, the PLME recommends that one of the SAT subject tests be in a science."

They have a 404 page not found on their old PLME webpage. They seem to be editing it!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • MissE99MissE99 20 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I only ask because the CSS profile aid release date happened to be the same as the decision release date for another school, so I assumed that was the case for every school on there. I'll still bet on March 30-31 but won't be surprised if it's actually in April haha
    · Reply · Share
  • gingerbread1999gingerbread1999 37 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I have a question about financial aid. I applied ED and indicated that I would be applying for financial aid, but then did not apply for aid. Does the office of admission see that I intended to apply for aid in my application? Will it know that I intended to apply, but did not? I am SO worried that this will screw up my chances of admission (haha, I know, it would actually be something else probably, but still!!!) I know that Brown is need-blind, but does that carry all the way through to not knowing whether or not an applicant INTENDS to apply / if they actually do it?

Any advice much appreciated xx
    · Reply · Share
  • dc4235dc4235 34 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hi! Kind of similar to the above question. I got an email about financial aid and was wondering if everyone else did too. Additionally, i forgot to upload a CSS profile and was wondering if that will affect me negatively come admission time. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity