Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

Replies to: ***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

• mintstarsmintstars Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Hey I'm absolutely SHOOK I was accepted for Spring!! Is there a group for us?
  • MabbbsMabbbs Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Rejected...lol. Is it possible to appeal my rejection decision?
  • JrTransfer2018JrTransfer2018 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @mintstars also accepted for the spring and no idea if there's a group
  • transferunkowntransferunkown Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Rejected

Stats for future viewers:

Community College
    Major: Sociology
    College GPA: 4.0
    High School GPA: 3.8 (with two C's my senior year due to my parent's divorce.. also didn't take AP Tests due to this)
    IGETC: Completed, AS Degree in Social & Behavioral Science in May!
    Pre-Reqs: Completed

EC's @ CC: 5 Star Member of Phi Theta Kappa, Leadership Effectiveness Certificate from Notre Dame's Mendoza School of Business, VP and Secretary of my CC's French Club, Completed French 2 with Honors, lots of time spent helping take care of my 3 younger sisters since family changes, EP Album on iTunes, 30 Page Research Paper through Western States Communication Association

WORK: Nanny, Tutor to 7 students, & house-sit/pet-sit in my community (worked at In N Out Burger during high school)

Congrats to all who got in and good luck to those who are applying in the future!!
  • FalladmissionFalladmission Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Declined waitlist.
    This year’s transfer waitlist is a sweet rejection. One of my friend’s relatives work at the brown admission and said they already accept way more transfer students this year than they initially planned. Last year almost no one comes off the transfer waitlist.
    Feel there is no point to waste more emotions..move on to the college that actually wants you
  • VikheimVikheim Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Rejected, but happy to commit to Cornell!
  • transfer12344567transfer12344567 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
  • aaaltoaaalto Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Accepted for Fall 2018.
  • aaaltoaaalto Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Oh and stats:

College: Top 40 Public
    Concentration: Earth and Planetary Science
    College GPA: 3.85 (with several A+ grades, doesn't count towards GPA)
    HS GPA: 9.71/11, 10.47/11 senior year. Phillips Exeter Academy graduate. Poor junior year due to family difficulties.
    SAT: 1570
    SAT II: Math II — 780, Chem — 760, Spanish w/ listening — 700
    Three Recs: Tenured geology professor I am conducting upper division department-approved independent study with. Wrote a rec specifically for Brown. 10/10. Comparative literature professor 10/10. High school math teacher 10/10.
    Extracurriculars: Number of leadership positions within biology and chemistry. Club rowing.

Essays: Put a month into my common app essay and supplements. I normally get A+ grades in writing classes, so I'm sure I was very compelling.

Extra: I'm a UK/USA dual citizen, who is a resident of California, grew up in England, and went to high school in New Hampshire. This diverse background probably caught their eye.
  • SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    Anybody here accept the waitlist offer?
  • loeaseloease Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    I accepted the waitlist offer!! Is there any possibility of being accepted off the waitlist?
  • SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    @loease I did as well. I've heard mixed things, some saying that there's a very slim chance. But hey it can't hurt to try right?
  • rhurleyrhurley Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Accepted for Spring and just found this forum- anyone know of a transfer admit facebook page?
  • zhuoyue2zhuoyue2 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Any update for the transfer waitlist?
  • FalladmissionFalladmission Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Victory