Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

Replies to: ***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

• chicagochicachicagochica Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Sophomore transfer from good state school
    HS gpa: 3.33 (weakest part of my application)
    College gpa: 4.0 and 4.0 midterm grades
    ACT: 33
    concentration: international relations and arabic
    Extracurriculars: 2 internships, a lot of college and high school clubs and activities.
    I know my high school gpa is low but how much do they weight that?

Good luck everyone!!
  • SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    Hey did anyone get an email to set up a phone interview with an alumni?
  • Rob3223Rob3223 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead

No, did you?

On their website it says "There are no interviews available for transfer applicants."
    @Rob3223 Yeah, I got an email this morning from an alumnus introducing himself and asking when I would be available for a phone interview.
    Good game; you’re in.
    @Rob3223 Idk about that. I have a Skype interview with Yale and no one else on the Yale thread got one. But after looking around on CC I found another persons post a few years back who also got an interview as a transfer and he ended up being rejected. I don't think its an indication of acceptance or a strong likelihood of acceptance. Maybe its something from my background or app that got me the interview.
    I just found out Yale gives interviews to students who apply to their Eli Whitney program (veterans, people who have been out of school for a while, etc.) If I had to guess I'd say that's why I got that interview with Yale and probably why Brown is extending one as well. I did not apply for the Eli Whitney program or any other special program, but maybe they are including me in that applicant pool automatically.
  • iheartmedicineiheartmedicine Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead It could possibly be either that you are a really prominent prospective transfer from their applicant pool and this is their way of getting to know you better or you are like in the portion of the applicant pool where they need to further evaluate you through an interview or there was something indicated on your application they want to learn more about. But overall, it means they're interested and want to inquire! Good luck!
    @iheartmedicine it's essentially a likely letter
    Thanks for the information everyone. I'll keep you updated after the interview.
    @SmartJarhead Congrats again for the acceptance!
    @Rob3223 It's not an acceptance, just a phone interview.
  • avocadoughavocadough Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    So I've been checking my portal everyday and it still says that my college report is missing; I sent it the first time a month before I submitted my application and then had it resent when I received an email of my application being incomplete. Other schools have received it but my Brown portal still lists it as missing. I'm kind of anxious now because they said April 3 was the last day to submit any materials; do you think this is a delay in their processing of materials or should I be worried?
    @avocadough Brown (unlike Penn) processed my materials relatively quickly.

So, if it's been a really long time, I would worry that they may have just lost it. I would see if your college counselor (or whoever is in charge of this admin stuff) can email it to them; they accept documents via email, and it would be almost instantaneous. I think if you explain your situation (that you mailed it TWICE, once being a long time ago) they will hopefully be fine with it.

Good luck!
    @SmartJarhead They're synonymous.