Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

Replies to: ***Brown University 2018 Transfer Students Official Discussion Thread***

• SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    @avocadough I just heard back from USC today so as of now it's down to USC, UCLA, or Berkeley. It probably depends most on financial aid though and if the Ivy's and Stanford accept me or not.
  • avocadoughavocadough Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead Ooh gotcha! That's so exciting; you have some great options :) Congrats on all of your acceptances thus far!! I have yet to hear back from any of my schools so I'm super nervous!
    @avocadough Thank you! and we should be starting to hear more this week! Where else did you apply?
  • transferunkowntransferunkown Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead Congrats on all of your schools! I was going to attend USC last year but it was far too expensive for me, so I am highly considering UCLA this year as I received my decision and financial aid package last week! I am in the same boat as you, waiting to hear from the Ivy's, but at least we have great options already!! Good luck!
    @transferunkown Thank you and congratulations on UCLA as well! I personally wanted UCLA but Cal gave me better financial aid so I might have to suck it up and just go there for the next 2 years. We'll see, maybe we get into Brown!
  • PlzNeed2transferPlzNeed2transfer Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Hoyyy

Late to the party (because I thought this thread was dead lol). I’m applying from Reed.
    @SmartJarhead I also applied to BC, Dartmouth, Duke, Georgetown, Middlebury, Northwestern, Penn, Tufts, and WashU-- a long list of schools I'm probably not going to get into but I had to try haha. My fingers are crossed for this week!! It feels like we've been waiting forever.
    @avocadough Nice that's a great selection, I applied to many of those as well. Northwestern was my first rejection lol.
  • FutureIbanker/hfmanagerFutureIbanker/hfmanager Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    @avocadough @SmartJarhead I applied to those schools as well and couple more schools like NYU and Columbia and waiting desperately for decisions.
    I think based on the last few years we should know sometime next week :D
    @SmartJarhead Aw I'm so sorry! It's Northwestern's loss :( I haven't heard back from them yet but was rejected last year when I applied as a senior so I feel you :( Hopefully these upcoming decisions will be more promising!
    @FutureIbanker/hfmanager @SmartJarhead I guess, as they say in High School Musical, "we're all in this together" haha. The wait is so nerve-wracking!
  • DropOfSunDropOfSun Registered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    edited May 2018
    I applied to Brown, Middlebury, Oberlin, and Vassar. Got into Oberlin already, still waiting on the rest.

I'm a theatre kid, I'd be going to a BFA if I could but they never even let transfers apply (I'm at a BA now, they promised it was BFA quality training but it was not... plus the school sucked in every other way, especially academics) :( I tried to find BAs with great programs that are also decent schools, hoping for Brown or Vassar. I may double major in physics, since I'll have the opportunity to I guess.
    @avocadough It's alright I kind of applied there on a whim and wasn't too invested. I also don't expect to get into any of the Ivy's so I'm not taking the rejections personally. If I get in I'll be super happy and grateful, if I don't then at least I tried and I'll go somewhere else :)
  • transferunkowntransferunkown Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead that is true, and Cal isn't a bad option at all!! That is still awesome! I hope we both get into Brown too, but unfortunately I am getting way too impatient!! I need to hold out before I just go with UCLA!