right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Brown career services

s31415s31415 19 replies15 threads Junior Member
Have heard from a few places that Brown career services are not very good, i.e. after four years of undergrad many students leave feeling very lost, out of place, etc. is this true?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Brown career services

• nrtlax33nrtlax33 671 replies15 threads Member
    edited July 2018
    It is your responsibility to find a job after graduation if you are not going to pursue advanced degrees (a large number of students are going to med/law/business/grad school). Before you worry about that, focus on summer internships. All my kid's friends are doing summer internships now after freshman year. Brown's name has its cachet. It is up to you to proactively seek opportunities and secure the position. If you are on financial aid, Brown has BrownConnect LINK Award Program. You could get $6700 from school for your unpaid or low-paying summer internship. See https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/support/careerlab/index.php?q=link
    edited July 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • Nocreativity1Nocreativity1 1112 replies55 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Ironic timing. My investment bank employer is sponsoring a Brown Connect event tomorrow evening. Anticipated attendance 20 current students and several Brown alumni.

My limited experience with Brown career services suggests they are proactive and well thought of by Wall Street.
    edited July 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Forum Champion Brown 8241 replies73 threads Forum Champion
    ^and computer science/tech. Back in 05-09, if you wanted a job in anything other than consulting/i-banking/tech it sure felt like you were SOL, especially when those industries were tripping over themselves trying to land Brown grads (yes, even during the height of the recession)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity