Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

Replies to: Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

• applying2023applying2023 31 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @leftycurve yes! an email was sent out with the information
    · Reply · Share
  • blackbeardblackbeard 97 replies11 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @leftycurve Yes, email. Content was as follows:

"Admission decisions for Early Decision applicants to the Class of 2023 will be available online December 13, 2018 beginning at 6:00pm Eastern Time."
    · Reply · Share
  • iiMimiciiMimic 84 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I got the email as well. Nervous
    · Reply · Share
  • PostmodernPostmodern 1160 replies91 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Rocky69 , Our GC was not asked for my son's Q1 last year and he was accepted ED.

The reason I am certain is because I was in the same panic and called our GC asking if they had asked for grades -- they had not. Hope this helps.

Wishing you and everyone else the best of luck this week.
    · Reply · Share
  • SohyaSonSohyaSon 17 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Guys - I knew my fortune cookie was right and you can't say I didn't call it!!! See my post a couple days ago.
    · Reply · Share
  • worldofwonder14worldofwonder14 36 replies19 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Oh my gosh I'm freaking out...In October when I submitted my application, December seemed years away. I can't believe decisions are released in two days!
    · Reply · Share
  • testingacct54321testingacct54321 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Thursday confirmed. How you guys feeling about this.
    · Reply · Share
  • stressinstephstressinsteph 64 replies13 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I'm so stressed, you guys. It feels like I'm being punched in the stomach constantly.
    · Reply · Share
  • inquirer8612inquirer8612 34 replies10 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I just want to know already so I can move on with my life! This is really a life changing moment.. aHH.
    · Reply · Share
  • maxfu2001maxfu2001 20 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Decisions come out half an hour before my mock exam for IB (I'm over in Beijing). Just considering what that 2 hour exam is gonna feel like with a rejection right before. Not a great feeling at the moment. Hoping for the best of course, but it's Brown. Plus so far everyone in my grade applying to top 10's and ivies have gotten rejected soooo.
    · Reply · Share
    @inquirer8612 I know exactly what you mean. Crazy times.
    · Reply · Share
  • inquirer8612inquirer8612 34 replies10 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited December 2018
    @maxfu2001 I’m on the same boat! This whole week I am taking IB mocks and I am extra anxious!! I can’t imagine having results just hours from the actual exam though.. Best of luck, guys! I wish we could all get in.
    edited December 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • DriedmangoDriedmango 8 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I just joined so not sure if this against the rules, but could we start a discord or group chat for everyone waiting for results? It might make us more nervous but at least we'll have each other to talk to?
    · Reply · Share
  • zambonezambone 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I think there is a bit of confusion in regards to first quarter grades. There is speculation both ways, and each to me seemed plausible. The best I could find was the following article published by a former UPenn admissions counselor:

https://www.saraharberson.com/blog/first-quarter-grades-do-they-matter-for-early-decision-and-early-action

It sounds like "varies depending on counselor" is the most accurate. Some counselors will reach out to get more information to present to the committee. This could be because they like the application and want to see it succeed, or that they believe that it needs a boon to make it through. Your guess is as good as mine. The author of this post said "[w]hen the competition heats up, the one thing that can help a student in the early round is a strong showing during the first quarter of senior year."

If anyone knows this to be incorrect, please say so. This is only based on one article I found and it seemed like a possibility.
    · Reply · Share
  • camiruthcamiruth 39 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @Endeavor10 they are releasing decisions on the 13th
    · Reply · Share
    Let's do it.
    · Reply · Share
  • testingacct54321testingacct54321 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    wait guys go to your portal. is your graded paper there. my graded paper disappeared from my portal. there is still an option to submit it again but usually it would have said that the graded paper is submitted.
    · Reply · Share
  • applying2023applying2023 31 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @testingacct54321 mine is gone too! so weird. wonder what's going on
    · Reply · Share