Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Brown waitlist 2023

krtbandkrtband 13 replies3 postsRegistered User New Member
Starting a thread . Please be in touch.
132 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Brown waitlist 2023

• krtbandkrtband 13 replies3 postsRegistered User New Member
    How many waitlist this year ? Any info ? Last year they have taken around 80 from waitlist
    · Reply · Share
  • haoruishuzhenhaoruishuzhen 24 replies1 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I think this year it will be even fewer people. I heard they accepted a tad bit more ED students than the past.
    · Reply · Share
    Anyone started their LOCI yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • aksnowbirdaksnowbird 10 replies3 postsRegistered User New Member
    edited March 30
    @haoruishuzhen I have. Are you writing one/are you waitlisted at Brown?
    edited March 30
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 30
    @aksnowbird Yup! I was rejected by all other ivies so this is kind of my last straw. I just reread my supplemtal essays for Brown and literally cried for like 10 minutes. I tried my best. Nothing to regret.
    edited March 30
    · Reply · Share
    @haoruishuzhen I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not really surprised but I was hoping to get into at least one Ivy because of the "grants not loans" system. Now if I don't get off the waitlist pretty much my only option is to go to one of my in state schools which don't have great academics.
    · Reply · Share
    @asksnowbird praying for you my mate! I still have Emory so yeah. At the end of the day, it will all right. Best of luck to you!
    · Reply · Share
  • Safalm2019Safalm2019 35 replies1 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I don't even know what to do to be honest, is it even worth the waitlist? Isn't it hard to impossible to get off of it?
    · Reply · Share
    @Safalm2019 yup pretty much like less than 1%. Most people just turn down the waitlist and commit to their second-choice schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • Safalm2019Safalm2019 35 replies1 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    @haoruishuzhen Okay then I will most likely probably turn down the waitlist offer, I have plenty of other great schools... I am not trying to go through another college application process and write more essays for a less than 1% chance at a spot.
    · Reply · Share
  • lemonlime13lemonlime13 31 replies16 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I plan to write a LOCI with application updates and upload it to my portal. Brown is one of my top choice schools, and I would definitely attend if admitted. Should I say this in my LOCI, or email my regional rep separately to tell her this? I don't want to inundate them with information, but I want it to be clear that I love Brown!
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 13
    @lemonlime13 Yes, definitely include that and just send your LOCI directly to your regional rep!
    edited April 13
    · Reply · Share
    Brown is one of my top choices, but I was waitlisted. I definitely plan to write a LOCI with application updates and upload it to my portal. However, I want to make it clear that I would 100% attend if admitted. Should I state this in my LOCI, or email my regional rep separately to say this and save the LOCI for just updates? Or should I say this in both the LOCI and an email to my regional rep? Thanks!!
    · Reply · Share
    @lemonlime13 Definitely say that you will certainly attend if admitted. I called Brown to ask where they wanted me to send my LOCI and they said to upload it to the admission portal. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    ^sorry didn't mean to post that twice! One more question- how long were your LOCIs @aksnowbird @haoruishuzhen? Is it okay to talk about smaller updates that aren't big awards?
    · Reply · Share
    My LOCI was about a page and a half long, and I included one "big award" that was a publication of a poem I wrote, and one "smaller award" that I was awarded by my superiors at my volunteer job that I mentioned in my essays. I connected that one to what the personal meaning was and also mentioned what qualified me for the award (management responsibilities and volunteering for eight weeks straight in the summer). I also attached a copy of the poem I wrote at the end of the letter that extended the length of the document as a whole to just slightly over two pages long.
    · Reply · Share
  • RoverSallyRoverSally 20 replies2 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    My son was admitted off the waitlist at Brown a few years ago. He submitted a LOCI directly to his regional officer (I am not sure he had the option of submitting it online back then). He wrote a paragraph about why Brown was still his top school, and he included updates about two awards he had won and about being salutatorian.
    · Reply · Share
  • existentialwarexistentialwar 25 replies0 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    idk how often people check this thread, but I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to submit my IB extended essay and it's predicted score to the portal as well? I think it's predicted either an A or a B, and I could probably mention that in my Letter of Continued Interest as an addendum, so
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown 8238 replies73 postsForum Champion Brown Forum Champion
    I'm not super familiar with IB so I might be misunderstanding but I would not submit anything that is "predicted" only things that are 100% true.
    · Reply · Share
  • existentialwarexistentialwar 25 replies0 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited April 30
    I mean the way the IB works is that they have to send in predicted grades to the IB; some schools have that list at the beginning of the school year and can submit them to colleges (I didn't so I couldn't do that), so I don't see that as being an issue @i_wanna_be_Brown
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share