right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Brown transfer CHANCE ME

gymnst123gymnst123 1 replies2 threads New Member
edited April 6 in Brown University
High school GPA- Canadian 3.95
College GPA ( I go to school in the states)- 4.0
SAT-1590

I applied to Brown and got rejected for class of 23'. I worked my ass off in a state school to get my grades but my schedule is very rigid which I don't like and i'm looking for better neuroscience classes as my college only allows juniors and seniors to take them.

For those asking, I picked my school because it was the only American school to give me a full-ride.

Also, i'm not ready to give up my dream of going to Brown. I love the campus, the open curriculum, I did a high school program there before my senior year and absolutely loved it.

I'm really good friends with my professors, I work at admissions ,and am very involved in the STEM community at my school. I founded the Girls in STEM club that teaches girls in the area near my school about science and invite them to campus to do some cool experiments. I tutor these girls in all subjects from science to SAT.

Don't know what my essay will be about yet because I haven't written it so i'm willing to consider ideas if you guys have any.
Please let me know.
edited April 6
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Brown transfer CHANCE ME

• gymnst123gymnst123 1 replies2 threads New Member
    edit- applied in hs and got rejected the first time
    · Reply · Share
  • milan99milan99 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I think it will depend on your essays. Your EC and stats looks great but Ivies take such few transfers. Definitely give it a shot. The fact that you are persistent will definitely help you. Which program are you trying to get into at Brown? Good Luck.
    · Reply · Share