Hi all, I fell in love with Brown after a summer program, so pretty certain in going to ED. I go to a school where it’s common to compare within ourselves, but I have almost no peers trending towards the humanities and my school has only sent a handful of kids to Brown in the last 10 years.
I am planning to apply for double major in Art History and Chinese
Hispanic Male at very competitive Catholic all-boys prep school, would pay full amount
Fluent in Spanish
4.143/4.250 uw (straight A+s yields the highest gpa, so I had a few more A+ than As)
5.333/~5.5 w (valedictorian is typically around 5.5, so that’s why i put that)
ACT 34 (36 Reading, 35 English, 33 Science, 30 Math, 11/12 writing)
SAT II: Spanish: 730, World History 720, US History 710
Took hardest possible course load at my school except a regular credit, dual enrollment Chinese course instead of an unrelated Stem AP.
Will have 13 APs:
Taken:World History(4) Spanish lang (4), US History (5), English Lang (4), Spanish Lit (4),
Current: Art History, Capstone Seminar, Physics 1, and US Gov.
Planning on: English Lit, Capstone Research, Calc BC, Stats
Between Dual Enrollment and a summer class at my local Uni, I’ll have 26 college credits
1. Part of local art museum’s Teen Arts Council- 3 years, paid, almost 300 hours total, hook because related to my major
2. 4 years on cross country team- best team in the state, will have won team state championship all 4 years. Hook because 18-20 hours per week
3. Track and Field- Consistently contribute points in field events, also big time commitment
4. History Club (Secretary then President)- 3x qualifier both individually and as a team for National History Bee in D.C.
5. NAtional English Honor Society (hopefully president)- Only junior contributor to school newspaper, will be editor if elected
6. NHS- only mentioning because of leadership conference I attended, it’s not unique otherwise
7. Summer programs: both art history related, at Brown and Notre Dame
8. 2 Overseas Study programs to China and SE Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand)
9. Independent Digital Artist- May or may not submit portfolio, I’m very much an amateur, but I’ve made some $
10. Run Independent Art History blog for fun.
Awards include UChicago Neubauer Scholar, National AP Scholar, and 195/200 on HSK2 Chinese proficiency test
My Common App is about my passion Museums and the change they can bring about at a communal and individual level.
Please be brutally honest, I won’t get my feelings hurt.
Also applying to LACs (my #2 is Wesleyan), and a few t20s like WashU, Dartmouth, Tufts, UCB, UCLA, Fordham, UF, and a few others
Sorry this is so long, any replies would be appreciated :-)