Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

three students applied, only 2 got inteviews...NOT ME

kaibopkaibop Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Brown University
three students applied from my school, only 2 got inteviews..
The other 2 got an email written for both of them, but I didn't get an interview offer.
what does this mean..?
Post edited by kaibop on

Replies to: three students applied, only 2 got inteviews...NOT ME

• adrivitadrivit Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    That means you don't look good enough! Get a make-over! :D

As a side-note, this means you should contact the alumni committee director and explain your case!
  • dsultemeierdsultemeier Registered User Posts: 713 Member
    It probably means that the email to you somehow didn't go through or was blocked by your computer. That's a good idea to contact someone and see what happened.
  • kaibopkaibop Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    no, it can't be a technical problem because the other two kids got an email sent to both of them, "dear X and Y,". The email went "since you two are in the same boarding school, it will be good if we can have the interview on the same day...etc."

should I still contact the admissions office or should i just wait?
    and does this exclusion in the offer mean something?
  • b'smomb'smom Registered User Posts: 712 Member
    I doubt that very much-I bet it was a glitch
  • fireandrainfireandrain Registered User Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    It means that one interviewer randomly was assigned those two names and contacted them together. The alum who was assigned to interview you (a different alum than the one for these students) hasn't contacted you yet. Either s/he hasn't checked their email, is lazy, went out of town -- it could be any number of reasons. It has absolutely nothing to do with you as an applicant.
  • PoseurPoseur Registered User Posts: 3,331 Senior Member
    ^ yes, this.

a bunch of people from my school applied at about the same time, & there was at least a 2-week disconnect between when we were contacted. some people haven't even been contacted yet, as far as i know.
  • cinnamon9724cinnamon9724 Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    everyone gets an interview right? i mean as long as they live in a populated area.

My interviewer gave the impression that I had achieved something by making it to the interview. Maybe he was just trying to boost my confidence...
  • mcvcm92mcvcm92 Registered User Posts: 1,192 Senior Member
    Contact them if you don't get an interview soon.
This discussion has been closed.