Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

drop in rank

khankhankhankhankhankhan Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Brown University
how much weight do mid-year reports have? are the orignal transcripts from the end of junior year more important?
also, even with one B, will a drop in class rank hurt?
Post edited by khankhankhan on

Replies to: drop in rank

• collegebound_91collegebound_91 Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    one b on ur midyear wont kill u. i guess end of year junior should be more important bc it represents a whole year. senior mid is important too though

depending on your school will determine how far you drop. In my school, i have a friend who got a b, not even for a semester, but for one mp and dropped from like 12 to 40. thats just bc of how competitive my school is. If colleges see that ur hs is this competitive, a drop shouldnt de too deterimental,
  • tarzantarzan Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    You should still work relatively hard. The pool will only become more competitive this year and if there is even a HINT that you are slacking off, Brown will have no problem with giving your spot to someone else.
  • chjmov1chjmov1 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    i've heard that the mid year report it extremely important - it lets Brown know if you are still challenging yourself and maintaining a high level of performance.
  • blvdofbroknteethblvdofbroknteeth Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    I had a major drop in grades (3.5UW with 3 APs for just this semester, when I previously had a 3.8UW) because I had to work twice as many hours this semester...it is not senioritis, just that I had a lot to do. Should I find a way to let the admissions officers know this?
  • bluewhitebulldogbluewhitebulldog Registered User Posts: 716 Member
    Do you have to send your transcripts or send in your report cards that came out?
  • CatalysisCatalysis Registered User Posts: 578 Member
    Yeah I think the counselors send the transcripts.

Hopefully I will be okay. SOMEHOW I managed to ace all 4 of my AP classes but got a B+ in French................................................... -_-
This discussion has been closed.