right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

The neatest BMC thank you ever -- such grace!

OttolineOttoline 720 replies227 threads Member
edited July 2013 in Bryn Mawr College
Class of 1974 grad -- elated after receiving a beautiful thank you card from the best Seven Sister out there!

I learned that we drew a record number of undergrad applications... I think we're "beating" Smith this round. Not to be shallow and hyper-competitive -- just extremely proud of my alma mater! My favorite prof went on to run Smith -- we girls help each other, you could say!

Plus, we're #1 on Washington Monthly's list of colleges that contribute the most to society!

And now, my public confession: I once thought we made a mistake not hitching up with Haverford... glad to see that I was wrong!

Ottoline -- Pem East/ Erdman alum
edited July 2013
5 replies
Post edited by Ottoline on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: The neatest BMC thank you ever -- such grace!

• MarinozaiMarinozai 517 replies44 threads Member
    While you might be elated, I'm scared dumb - applying this semester and it looks like I will have a lot of competition...
    · Reply · Share
  • OttolineOttoline 720 replies227 threads Member
    Hey, when I was applying, I was scared, too. Comes with the territory, I suppose.
    Marinozai, just show Bryn Mawr who you are -- and I'm rooting for you to get in!!
    · Reply · Share
  • MarinozaiMarinozai 517 replies44 threads Member
    Thanks so much, Ottoline - hopefully for just one year Bryn Mawr will have the least undergrad applicants :) Just kidding, I just hope I get in. I never intended to have a first choice school, and after visiting...*headdesk*
    · Reply · Share
  • englishivyenglishivy 347 replies25 threads Member
    That's so great to hear, Ottoline. I hope you'll be coming to reunion in the near future. I worked the event this summer and it was so much fun!
    · Reply · Share
  • OttolineOttoline 720 replies227 threads Member
    Englishivy,

That's great to hear about your generous involvement with class reunions. Last one I attended was in '84, and mostly because I wanted to show off my darling husband. We had a good time, for sure. Then I returned to campus in '88 as a BMC club prez -- they paid the way and I got to catch up with some of the girls I'd interviewed. The food was so much better than in the early 70's! But, the absolute best return visit I ever made to campus was in '07 with my son. Part of his big college tour -- and we stayed at Wyndham and had a fabulous two day visit together. I dreamed of staying there after graduation -- and visiting with my son was a memory I'll always treasure. He really liked BMC -- As for H'ford: he didn't want to apply to a school that has a squirrel for a mascot... When I told the kind folks at Wyndham that I was from the Class of '74,
    they served us special cocktails: cranberry juice and ginger ale! Great combo!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity