Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
CMK92CMK92 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
Asian (female)
I reside in Michigan, and attend a magnet school (the first in the nation to have an economicology program with IB)

Possible Majors: political science, public policy, international relations, psychology, history
Possible Minors: history, sociology, economics

Standardized test scores:
ACT: 29 (will retake)
SAT: 1800 (first time, will DEFINITELY retake)
SAT II: US History, World History, Math I--results pending (I'm taking more SAT II's this fall--Math II, Lit, and perhaps chemistry)
AP's Junior year: AP US History, AP Lit, AP Macro Econ, AP US Gov--results pending, but I'm guessing all 4's or 5's
AP's (will take) Senior year: AP World History, AP Micro Econ, AP Psych, AP Comp Gov, AP Calc AB, AP Physics B, AP Lang, AP French

Trilingual:
-Chinese (Cantonese...I know, it's not going to get me anywhere when the AP Chinese and SAT II Chinese tests are done in Mandarin. I can comprehend Mandarin, but it takes awhile to relay it.)
-Chinese dialect
-comprehension of Vietnamese ( a bit)
-English

GPA:
Unweighted: 3.88 (I got a few B's this year, which knocked me out of the Valedictorian contention and Salutatorian...I'm guessing that I'll graduate with a 3.92)
Weighted: 4.92

EC's:
Legislative Debate/Parliamentary Debate: 4 years (co-captain)
-consecutively broke to finals/semi-finals at state every year
-compete on national circuit
Student Congress: 2 years
-chairwoman of committee/press corps
Model UN: 1 year (new for our school)
Lincoln-Douglas: 1 year (new league for state of Michigan, will start in fall)
Policy Debate: 1 year (wasn't my thing)
Forensics: 4 years
-co-captain senior year
-fresh.-poetry; soph/jr/sr-extemp/impromptu
-consistently did well at invites/placed
-state semi-finalists (extemp)
E-Club/Environmental Club: 2 years (only member from junior class)
Student Council: 1 year
-treasurer
-prom/spirit week committee--"green prom" (links with E-Club)
NJHS: 3 years
NHS: 3 years
-vice-president (senior year)
-hoping to reform NHS next year, seeing as officers were a bit of a "let down" this year, OR will start up Key Club (of course, as President)
Interned at a law firm for 2 trimesters (possibility of interning at another firm in the fall)
-worked mostly on med. mal cases, tested the waters with corporate and environmental
-got a better understanding of the community, and how the firm, along with other organizations/pro-bono lawyers fit into the picture.
-outside experiences: YWCA and LAC
-While interning at the firm, I was offered to other internships (1) being the second firm (2) LAC--Legal Assistance Center w/ Heartside Ministries.
Volunteered:
-over 100 hours
-not included in 100 hours, but campaigned for many political candidates over the years (not limited to Obama)

Chance me. Please?
I know my test scores aren't up to par, but I'm studying my butt off over the summer to retake both the ACT, SAT, and more SAT II's in the fall.
This discussion has been closed.