right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Bucknell class of 2021 waitlist

sophie15928sophie15928 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 22 in Bucknell University
do you guys know if anyone has been admitted off the waitlist yet?
edited June 22
10 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bucknell class of 2021 waitlist

• GAR1000GAR1000 8 replies0 threads New Member
    My son was offered a spot off the waitlist last week for the College of Managment at Bucknell. They gave him a day to decide and he decided to accept, in the end
    · Reply · Share
  • momofzagmomofzag 657 replies7 threads Member
    Congratulations. I bet he will love it. It's a very strong program.
    · Reply · Share
  • morrismmmorrismm 3390 replies182 threads Senior Member
    Congrats Gar1000. It is hard to get into the College of Management. At least that is what I gave heard.
    · Reply · Share
  • Fuzzfactor5000Fuzzfactor5000 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Anyone else hear any details at all about Bucknell's Wait list for class of 2021? The portal Letter states they will know numbers by June 1 but I have no idea how or if they give out this information and not sure if hearing nothing by now means the answer is no or they are stll working through! Anyone else hear any details at all??? How do they typically disseminate the info also? By the admit portal?
    · Reply · Share
  • sophie15928sophie15928 2 replies1 threads New Member
    @Fuzzfactor5000 I sent an email at the beginning of May and the response was that, "In general, if you are accepted you will be notified by June 1st." So sadly, I don't think we've been taken off - though I'm not really sure what 'in general' means....
    · Reply · Share
  • Fuzzfactor5000Fuzzfactor5000 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Yeah, it kinda says that in the form letter. I guess they leave u hanging until 8/1 just in case something crazy happens. Well good luck to you!
    · Reply · Share
  • HorsebackHorseback 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited June 2017
    @GAR1000 After your son was waitlisted, did he send any email to bucknell? Bucknell told us that "Contacting us by phone, by email or in person will not alter our original decision about your application, nor will
    it influence how we decide to fill any potential vacancies that arise."
    edited June 2017
    · Reply · Share
    He had never seen the school so we did subsequently visit and take a tour. He had called Admissions ahead of time and they said he could come, though they didn't go out of their way for him. He did speak with a track coach for a bit. Not sure if that helps. The visit was really more about his checking out the school to see if he liked it/wanted to stay on the waitlist than it was about selling himself to them.
    He found out he got off the wait list in a phone call. He then had 24 hours to decide. I think his portal changed only after he decided to accept. I hope this information is helpful.
    · Reply · Share
    He had never seen the school so we did subsequently visit and take a tour. He had called Admissions ahead of time and they said he could come, though they didn't go out of their way for him. He did speak with a track coach for a bit. Not sure if that helps. The visit was really more about his checking out the school to see if he liked it/wanted to stay on the waitlist than it was about selling himself to them.
    He found out he got off the wait list in a phone call. He then had 24 hours to decide. I think his portal changed only after he decided to accept. I hope this information is helpful.
    · Reply · Share
  • HorsebackHorseback 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Waitlist Update: Rejected. International Student
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity