Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

forensic accounting

closerlookcloserlook Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited September 2011 in Business Major
i havent seen anything about this on this forum, anyone know what it is exactly and how hard it is to become one?
Post edited by closerlook on

Replies to: forensic accounting

• tdccarpentertdccarpenter Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    A Certified Fraud Examiner came into our BAP meeting a few weeks ago. He said the best way to break into the industry is to join a large public accounting firm and work in the audit division for a few years before transferring to fraud. He stated that the position is very similar to the audit positions in the firm and that interpersonal and computer software skills are critical.

Even if you want to work on the governmental side, I would recommend starting in audit and go into the military for a while.

Note: I don't know much, I am still a student. If you don't think any of this is valuable, feel free to consider this a FREE BUMP.
  • ToshtemirovToshtemirov Registered User Posts: 653 Member
    ^Agreed. Ideally, you should go to a military, work as an auditor for a while, and get either CPA or CFE (EA would also be nice if you are interested in taxation). In addition, you have to be clean like a blank slate--no felonies, good credit scores, etc.
This discussion has been closed.