Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

principles of accounting grades.

poose123poose123 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2012 in Business Major
i got an A in principles of accounting I and II.

is this a sign that accounting might be a good career move for me?

have all of u heard of principle of accounting course by the way? it is offered at my community college but it might be titled differently in other colleges.
Post edited by poose123 on

Replies to: principles of accounting grades.

• angryelfangryelf - Posts: 506 Member
    hell no.
    Dumbest reason to go into a career I've heard in a long time.
  • dfree124dfree124 - Posts: 3,712 Senior Member
    I have an A in AP Lang right now... but I hate writing. Just cause you have a good grade doesn't mean you should base your career on the subject.
  • aklauss17aklauss17 Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    If you got an A in it AND you were really interested in the classes, then I think you should pursue a career in accounting.
  • StarstuckStarstuck Registered User Posts: 337 Member
    I took a class titled as principles I and II in high school and 4.0 it. But it didn't prepare me at all for financial accounting in college (the weed out course). I ended up with a 2.0. Go into accounting if you are good at it and actually passionate about it.
  • workingATbig4workingATbig4 Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    I got an A in Astronomy 101. Guess I shoulda been an astronaut.

Don't worry, you'll learn critical thinking throughout your college career. Good luck!
  • workingATbig4workingATbig4 Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    Also. Financial accounting is not the weed out class. Intermediate I and II are. If you can't do well in financial I would hate to think what it'd be like for you in Intermediate.
  • morrismmmorrismm Registered User Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    OK, as a Prof. teaching the first level financial accounting course at a four college, I have to agree with #4, 5 and 7.

If you find accounting interesting and want to learn more, consider it as a major. But see how you do at the four year school level. Intermediate I should help determine if you really like this subject and can do it.
  • ChampanzeeChampanzee Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    If you enjoy it, then go for it. If you don't enjoy it, but are committed to putting in the crazy study-hours for upper level accounting (as it gets terribly more difficult/tedious), then go for it.

If not, then look for something else.
This discussion has been closed.