Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Can I combine a pre-law/philosophy major with a business major?

MattUT4MattUT4 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited December 2011 in Business Major
I want to be a entrepreneur I have the desire and love it but loving something dosent put food on the table. So instead of majoring in a business type major I am either going to minor it or double major(If possible). My second dream was lawyer which I am changing my major to because heck maybe someday ill be working in D.C. So is this even possible?
University of Toledo freshman 2015
Post edited by MattUT4 on

Replies to: Can I combine a pre-law/philosophy major with a business major?

• dfree124dfree124 - Posts: 3,712 Senior Member
    Why would you want to major in philosophy to put food on the table?
  • MattUT4MattUT4 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Philosophy majors are among the top three in scores on the LSAT, GMAT and GRE exams.
  • dfree124dfree124 - Posts: 3,712 Senior Member
    I thought philosophy was relatively low on the salary scale, but I guess it's not that bad (according to Best Undergrad College Degrees By Salary). That said, I don't think pre-law would be a good choice. If you don't plan on going into law pre-law would be pretty worthless.
  • workingATbig4workingATbig4 Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    Congrats on being the first person I've ever heard say that they needed to have a major outside of business to put food on the table. The EXACT opposite is said by most people.

It's like saying: I like lean meats and vegetables, but lean meats and vegetables don't make you healthy. So I thought I'd add some twinkles, French fries, and funnel cakes.

Take philosophy classes for the critical thinking training. You'll need it.
This discussion has been closed.