right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can I combine a pre-law/philosophy major with a business major?

MattUT4MattUT4 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited December 2011 in Business Major
I want to be a entrepreneur I have the desire and love it but loving something dosent put food on the table. So instead of majoring in a business type major I am either going to minor it or double major(If possible). My second dream was lawyer which I am changing my major to because heck maybe someday ill be working in D.C. So is this even possible?
University of Toledo freshman 2015
edited December 2011
4 replies
Post edited by MattUT4 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I combine a pre-law/philosophy major with a business major?

• dfree124dfree124 3686 replies26 threads- Senior Member
    Why would you want to major in philosophy to put food on the table?
    · Reply · Share
  • MattUT4MattUT4 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Philosophy majors are among the top three in scores on the LSAT, GMAT and GRE exams.
    · Reply · Share
  • dfree124dfree124 3686 replies26 threads- Senior Member
    I thought philosophy was relatively low on the salary scale, but I guess it's not that bad (according to Best Undergrad College Degrees By Salary). That said, I don't think pre-law would be a good choice. If you don't plan on going into law pre-law would be pretty worthless.
    · Reply · Share
  • workingATbig4workingATbig4 317 replies0 threads Member
    Congrats on being the first person I've ever heard say that they needed to have a major outside of business to put food on the table. The EXACT opposite is said by most people.

It's like saying: I like lean meats and vegetables, but lean meats and vegetables don't make you healthy. So I thought I'd add some twinkles, French fries, and funnel cakes.

Take philosophy classes for the critical thinking training. You'll need it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity