Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Business to engineering

hikevinnhikevinn Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
Hello everyone, throughout my life, I have been set on getting a business degree (finance) however, after my first year of college, I think I'm going through a change of heart. Going through museums and taking some science courses, I have been fascinated with "just learning more" and I feel like I wouldn't have the same mental stimulation with a business career. But the one thing is that I have a knack for business and most things related (Current GPA is 3.94). Being born in a business-backgrounded family, I learned things that school could not teach you. I have the tips and knowledge that would give me an edge; however, I just feel like doing "business" for the rest of my life wouldn't be fun or fulfilling. Is that true? I feel like engineering is fun because you always have to learn and you're basically building the future. I know it is a lot of schooling and work but I think I can get through it! Can anyone tell me how engineering jobs are like? And perhaps business too (prove me wrong)? Thanks for all input! Appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.