Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Should i get Masters in Accounting or continue with undergrad

CPAStudentCPAStudent Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm an undergrad accounting student. I recently completed my senior year and I have 127 credits with 3.1 undergrad GPA and 3.0 accounting GPA. I need 23 more credits to satisfy the 150 CPA license requirements. I am debating whether I should continue get the extra credits by doing a masters in accounting or continue with the undergrad while taking the CPA Exams. BTW, I'm eligible to take the CPA exams because I have 120 credits and the accounting and business requirements to sit.

Continuing undegrad would be cheaper for me because I get financial aid (Pell Grant) and won't need to use my own money and if I pursue a Macc i would have to take out loans.

Since I have a low GPA, would it better to get a masters degree and get better grades so I can be more competitive to recruiters?

IF I pass the CPA Exams would my low GPA matter to Big 4 recruiters or mid-size firms?

In the future, I see myself working in the federal government would it better getting a masters degree for potential employment in the government.

Would you recommend studying for the CPA exams while I'm a full-time grad or undergrad student?
This discussion has been closed.