Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Major advice

Ls1995Ls1995 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited August 2013 in Business Major
I will be a freshmen attending Michigan State university. I am very interested in business, mainly finance. I invest in the stock market personally, and am interested in investing/banking. I understand it is very hard to break into banking from a "non target" school. I understand MSU has a pretty credible accounting program. Would it be a good idea to major in accounting, and then load my schedule with finance classes. I also plan on joining an investing club and MSU offers a scholar program called Financial Market Institues which is open to both finance and accounting majors. My goal is to go to a top business school for my MBA where i would focus on Finance. Is it a good idea to get a CPA and an Mba?
Post edited by Ls1995 on

Replies to: Major advice

• EconGeekEconGeek Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    If you're interested in investing, you need to do a bit more research. Econ is all about studying how markets are effected. Most finance and accounting majors are for business administrators who don't start investing until 25.
This discussion has been closed.