Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transferring Classes

dw1988dw1988 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2013 in Business Major
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not but I'm tired of looking to be honest. I'm transferring to University of Texas at Arlington next semester with about 60 hours mainly all my basics, with Calculus 1 and 2 and a few engineering classes from Texas Tech. Obviously, I know the engineering classes wont matter in terms of credits counting towards my degree, but UTA requires business algebra/calculus. I've looked at their transfer guide and Cal 1 and Cal 2 won't cover that class. I've tutored people in these classes, and the stuff they have had trouble with has been, to me, relatively simple stuff. Am I really going to have to take these 2 classes? or is there perhaps a way to clep out of them? Perhaps this is a better question for one of the advisors, but I've emailed several of them and they never get back to me. Any thoughts on this?
Post edited by dw1988 on

Replies to: Transferring Classes

• IvytIvyt Registered User Posts: 3,531 Senior Member
    You'll have to keep emailing the advisors or meet with them to find out.
  • dkil1031dkil1031 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    I don't believe there is a CLEP for business calculus, but having taken 2 units of calc I don't see why you would need to take it. If you haven't already, try to connect with advisors and faculty specifically within the business department as they will likely provide more relevant, straightforward answers than admissions. They might also possibly override the course requirement if they see you have shown sufficient knowledge in Calculus (they set the curriculum after all)

(I'm assuming you're a business major, BTW)
This discussion has been closed.