Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

MIS question please :)

Rayo2010Rayo2010 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello Guys,

i have communications Engineer BS degree but I've work Exp about 3 years in IT department as a system admin ( UNIX (solaries , HP-UX, AIX) - LINUX (Red Hat 6/7 and oracle linux) / Oracle DATABASE (11g and 12C flex cluster) - STORAGE (Oracle , EMC VNX series, hp .. etc) and a very deep exp in Hardware like server components ,enclosures,and blades .. etc , yeah that's the benefit of working in small company XD

And i have Certificates for a lot of the previously mentioned topics (Solaris 10/11 OCA and OCP) , oracle 11g OCA/OCP , SQL Expert, and RHCA and RHCE,

Anyway i'm thinking to step up with my career cuz honestly i found out that being a technical person for a long time ain't good , technology changes and newer blood will be more eager to learn than me now (i'm 27 years old) and the sales/ presales/managers will always get the cake not us (tech workers) so i'm thinking about taking MIS master degree from Germany.

So the tricky question here am i heading to the right direction? or its a waste of time and money? yeah i know i can get big in my field and reach consultant level in tech but i don't want to work as a technical guy for ever .. i saw the end of that road with many people and it aint pretty. It's really bad to be 36 years old still doing work with your hands and a 24 years old sales boy gets more than you every month!!

So please help me here guys .. is this the right step? with my work exp and my certificates will MIS help me?!!

Thanks in advance :)
This discussion has been closed.