Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which degree is best suited for the Commercial Aviation Industry?

DjBoom777DjBoom777 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
edited June 2016 in Business Major
I'm currently two years into my college career at UNLV, entering my junior year this fall. I started out as a pre-engineering major but after realizing a year ago that the major and career of Civil Engineering wasn't for me, I decided to head over and change to a pre-business major. The overriding drive in the back of my head for the past several years involved a career somewhere in the airline/airport industry which I've had a very strong passion and interest in since childhood! As I finish up my pre-reqs for the upper division business college classes, I have to settle on which degree in the business college I will end up going for. I've narrowed it down to Accounting, Finance and MIS and I do have room to go for a double major if enough credits overlap. I heard MIS is good for the growing complexity of the airline's computer systems while a majority of airline/airport execs with credentials posted online hold bachelor degrees in Accounting. I have yet to complete my first real finance class but my first intro accounting class (financial accounting) went off without a hitch and I found myself mastering the material very well and getting an A in the class to my surprise. I'm not entirely sure yet if accounting is what interests me per say but I can't say for sure until I encounter finance this upcoming spring. So based off all that, I still find myself stuck at a crossroad and would appreciate anyone's help! Which of these three majors/degrees would suit my career ambitions best?
This discussion has been closed.