Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Doing a MA in Actuarial Mathematics with a BS in Accounting and minor in math?

Jodie1055Jodie1055 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Right now I am a junior doing an Accounting degree and am going to start on a math minor soon with a heavier focus in statistics (I would take more math classes even if the minors requirements are complete if possible). I have loved both finance and math and think this would be a good way to indulge my interests in both. However, I really want to pursue a MA in math, specifically Actuarial Mathematics, and I have no idea if a minor in math would be enough for me to be considered even with a good GPA.

The university really does not say a lot about what they want from a student applying for this program aside from basic personal information, academic history, and recommendations. I didn't know if anyone here did a more finance focused degree and tried to get into a more math focused graduate program.

Also: Wasn't quite sure if this would go under the business major forum or math one. This degree program seems to have a bit of both.