right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is Survey of Calculus the same/the equivalent of Calculus for Business?

ca1171ca1171 88 replies4 threads Junior Member
edited April 2019 in Business Major
I'm majoring in business and one of the math requirements at the university I'm planning to attend says that students within my major must take Survey of Calculus. When I was reading various information online about my major I read that many schools require business students to take Calculus for Business. Are Survey Calculus and Calculus for Business the same thing?

Thanks!
edited April 2019
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is Survey of Calculus the same/the equivalent of Calculus for Business?

• happy1happy1 23972 replies2404 threads Super Moderator
    edited April 2019
    It is impossible for anyone to answer this without having the details of both courses. My gut feeling is that a survey course may not be at the same level of rigor as calculus for business but you will need to check it out the details of what is taught in the two courses.

I expect that you will need to show your college advisor (and perhaps someone in the college's math department) the syllabus (and perhaps exams as well) from your survey of calculus class and they will determine if it is close enough to the syllabus of the calculus for business course offered at your college to give you credit.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity