right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions today (4/1). Share your outcome!

Need Advice on a Double Major

hm030405hm030405 0 replies1 threads New Member
I want to double major in business and I can't decide which would be the best fit for me.

I am pretty much open to anything and I have a dream to be a college scout for a professional football team but I understand that is a difficult job to obtain. I feel like whichever majors I pick I need to be able to have an option for another job that isn't involved with sports necessarily.

I was considering majoring in sport management but I was unsure of what to pair it with. I have also heard that a sport management major can be a waste of time and are not necessary to get job in the world of professional sports.

I would love to hear opinions on what you think the best move for me is,

Thanks!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Need Advice on a Double Major

• itsgettingreal21itsgettingreal21 270 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Statistics or business analytics/data science is practically a must given your interests
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 10334 replies130 threads Senior Member
    edited January 28
    @itsgettingreal21 is spot on correct.

Data Analytics is enough as data science is a major for analytical geniuses & not necessary for your career goals.

Michigan State University might match your interests.

University of Virginia, Ole Miss, Villanova & several other universities should be considered.
    edited January 28
    · Reply · Share
  • jcb2020jcb2020 5 replies0 threads New Member
    What they all said: statistics, data science, or data analytics. All of which will be helpful not only in the sports field, but in any field!
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 2417 replies21 threads Senior Member
    Agree with all. Anecdotally, S has several friends in college that want to work within sports organizations. They are all involved in analytics/ stats and are interning with major league baseball teams. A few of them are doing stats / scouting work for the college team during the school year.
    · Reply · Share