right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Does undergrad degree matter if I plan to get a MA/MS?

thotslayerthotslayer 0 replies1 threads New Member
So, I am currently a community transfer majoring in business admin or accounting (depends on which uni accepts me - hopefully will major accounting). My parents want me to go to a UC system, but given that they don't have an accounting major, I plan to go somewhere else. My question is that would having a BA/BS in business admin affect my chances of getting accepted to a graduate school if I want a MA/MS in accounting? As a matter of fact, how will it affect my chances if i want to go to a famous graduate school, lets say - USC? How can this also affect my chances of getting an accounting internship?

* for note, I do not excel in academics. I think that I actually under perform. But I do excel at work for some weird reason. My plan to get into grad school as of right now is to keep my gpa alive ~ 3.2ish - 3.4ish in college and heavily relay on the letters of recommendation, essay, and interview. I don't know if this piece of information helps, but I have included it just in case.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does undergrad degree matter if I plan to get a MA/MS?