Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

management consulting

leo187umleo187um Registered User Posts: 425 Member
edited October 2006 in Business Major
I'm a student at UMD majoring in finance and accounting and am interested in becoming a management consultant. Is there any chance to get a job with firms such as BCG, McKinsey, or Bain coming from a school like UMD? If so what are they looking for (GPA, internships, EC's, etc) and if not, what kind of work experience/skills are they looking for?
Post edited by leo187um on

Replies to: management consulting

• macsheeshmacsheesh Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    4 things:

1) analytical thinking and intelligence

2) leadership

3) teamwork

4) ambition

if you can get these 4 things on your resume and have a GPA of 3.8+, i guarantee you you will get an interview with m/b/b
  • TheMK99TheMK99 Registered User Posts: 1,019 Member
    macsheesh if you are so sure about how to get a consulting interview, why do you have your own thread about you asking us how to get an interview?
  • macsheeshmacsheesh Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    take my advice or leave it

people who are actually dedicated to learning more about something will actually know more later on. And the 4 main factors I listed are not from me, but from wetfeet's guide to killer consulting resumes which i recommend.
This discussion has been closed.