Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best Undergrad Business schools in California

12346»

Replies to: Best Undergrad Business schools in California

• sakkysakky - Posts: 14,759 Senior Member
    But consider the statistics on UCB students pursuing their college undergrad at Haas. So there is around a 60% probability of getting into Haas if one is already attending UCB. Also, note that the average gpa Haas admissions from transfers is 3.9 whereas that of continuing students is 3.6. Clearly, they expect alot more from transfers (as the coursework is most likely easier).

I am also planning to pursue a business degree, and hopefully an mba in the future. People had me scared when I read statistics of 8% and 30% acceptance rates to Haas. But a 60% continuing rate is not too ridiculous. Now the current dilemma is getting into Berkeley...

To clarify, that 60% rate has to do with those who actually apply. Plenty of people who want to go to Haas won't even apply because they know they won't get in. Let's face it. If you have a 2.3 GPA, you know you're not going to get in, so why even waste time applying? Hence, the "real" admission rate is clearly far lower than 60%, after you account for those who are discouraged from even applying at all.
  • funnypunjabifunnypunjabi Registered User Posts: 3,708 Senior Member
    usc and ucb have great undergraduate business programs
  • openedskittlesopenedskittles Registered User Posts: 954 Member
    Sakky, just go to Berkeley Community College and transfer in. I've heard they let in very large numbers from that particular institution, but I'm not sure what the exact rule is (gpa quota, etc.) Berkeley IS public, so you might as well take advantage of that and play their game.
  • bluek7bluek7 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    San Francisco State Business school not even mention in this thread? I thought they would be at least up to par with SJSU.
12346»
This discussion has been closed.