Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Villanova vs. Penn State

PCP07PCP07 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited April 2007 in Business Major
I'm deciding between Villanova School of Business and Penn. State Smeal, i know Villanova has a better Business week ranking but I was wondering if there is really that much of a difference between the two and if nova is worth the extra $28000/year... but besides the obvious cost differences which is the better business school and which has a better finance program
Post edited by PCP07 on

Replies to: Villanova vs. Penn State

• melon390melon390 Registered User Posts: 698 Member
    smeal is nasty as well, and mad alumni, if you have the money then go where you like better, but psu smeal finance is pretty good as well, like i said in another post, sister knows someone with a 3.7 whos gonna be making 80kish starting salary majoring in financ outte psu
  • taxguytaxguy Registered User Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    In my humble opinion, it is very RARE when a school such as Villanova is worth $28,000 more per year over Penn State. They would have to make one heck of a strong case in order to convice me otherwise. Remember, that is $100,000+ over four years more! If you invest this $100,000 for 40 years till your kid is ready for retirement, it probably would be worth about $3,000,000 using todays returns.

Bottom Line: Unless Villanova has some special program that isn't available at Penn State, take the money and run to Penn State!
This discussion has been closed.