Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSB or UCI for econ

cs13372004cs13372004 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Business Major
i recently got accepted to these two schools for business economics
now i am having a hard time choosing which one is better for my major
both are about the same ranking in the top national universities.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Post edited by cs13372004 on

Replies to: UCSB or UCI for econ

• CalcruzerCalcruzer Registered User Posts: 4,832 Senior Member
    The two schools are approximately equal in this area. I would consider the other areas you are interested in relative to what the schools offer. For example, do you want to take any Chemistry or Environmental Science courses also?--then go to UCSB. Are you interested in looking at Computer Science or Infomatics?--then go to UCI.

The other thing I would consider is where they are located. UC Irvine is in a very large and somewhat crowded metro area, while UC Santa Barbara is in a more isolated area outside of a much smaller city. Personally I would have preferred UC Irvine (and did in fact apply there and was accepted--though I never went to the school), but this is a real personal question. If you have the time, go visit them--they are only about 3 hours apart from each other drive-time wise (well, at least if you drive on this weekend). Decisions are due by Tuesday.

P.S. I should also point out that UCI is more of a commuter college--so if you are looking for a college where everyone lives on campus, pick UCSB.
  • ncody0220ncody0220 - Posts: 286 Junior Member
    biz/econ- UCSB > UCI
    Location- UCSB > UCI
    I would go Santa Barbara.
This discussion has been closed.