Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best Calculus and Probability/Statistics textbooks.

DOLO2DOLO2 Registered User Posts: 431 Member
edited April 2007 in Business Major
Can you please tell me which textbooks (Calculus; Probability and Statistics) are the best in order to prepare for the university courses, which books contain the material which is closest to what I will learn at the university? And can I buy the textbook from which I will learn at the University?

Thanks
Post edited by DOLO2 on

Replies to: Best Calculus and Probability/Statistics textbooks.

• dallas808dallas808 Registered User Posts: 768 Member
    "Statistics for Business and Economics", Anderson, Sweeney & Williams.
  • DOLO2DOLO2 Registered User Posts: 431 Member
    Thanks, any other suggestions?
  • red sox 7327red sox 7327 Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    Just go to the "university's" bookstore and buy the book that they use for the course. The employees at the bookstore will show you what book they use.
  • DOLO2DOLO2 Registered User Posts: 431 Member
    I’m international student so I can’t visit university’s bookstore. And I know which book is used at the university but I can’t find it on Amazon because it is university’s special edition, only available on campus. That’s why I’m interested in books which are closest to what I will learn at the university.
  • dallas808dallas808 Registered User Posts: 768 Member
    OP, the book I mentions is among the most commonly used text for business majors & MBA.
This discussion has been closed.