Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help choosing a major!

mcoolmcool Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
edited April 2007 in Business Major
i am not sure what major i should choose. i need some help. well here is some stuff about me. i am great at math because i have the highest grade in algebra 2 in the whole school. the problem with math is that i only understand equations and not math word problems. i am good at understand it you can say.=p. i am not really great at writing unless it's unformatted. i like to write about mankind and when the world will end. i love ancient philosophers. i suck at creative writing and i am not good at format essays like DBQ's. i am not great at Statistics but Calculus. i am great at Biology not Phyisics. i know weird.=p. i don't like to read novels because i don't understand it unless it's a factual book. i like the earth and read alot of the different places in the world. i am highly logical and not theoretical. So have any tips?? =)
Post edited by mcool on

Replies to: Help choosing a major!

• theFireballKidtheFireballKid Registered User Posts: 161 Junior Member
    wait til your in college to determine which major you want to pursue.
  • forgivenforgiven Registered User Posts: 1,690 Senior Member
    yeah.. i don't even know how many times i've changed my major o_O
  • ncody0220ncody0220 - Posts: 286 Junior Member
    Your major really isn't a huge deal. Just work hard to get into a great school and you'll figure out your major then.
  • CalcruzerCalcruzer Registered User Posts: 4,832 Senior Member
    The average student in college changes their major 2-3 times over the 4-5 years they spend there.

As a math whiz, you have lots of choices: Business, Engineering, Economics, Natural Sciences (anthropology and the like), Digital Design, and tons more--but as people on here have said, you might want to get more info on some of these before deciding.

I'm not sure you should wait to college to decide--people who have a passion for a certain area have a better chance of getting into a college that has the programs they are most interested in--but you might consider some options--or even a college that specializes in a couple fields of interest to you--rather than make a choice today on limited information.
This discussion has been closed.