Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What kind of calculator should I get?

Ilovesoftball44Ilovesoftball44 Registered User Posts: 1,497 Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Business Major
I will be a freshman in the fall and will have to take business and econ 100. My current calculator, which I think is a TI-83 is broken. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of calculator I should buy. I am also taking a logic class, although I doubt calculators really matter with logic.
Post edited by Ilovesoftball44 on

Replies to: What kind of calculator should I get?

• NarcissaNarcissa - Posts: 3,935 Senior Member
    ti89 :) its magic
  • lakhannvlakhannv Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    I LOVE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD! yea doubt you'll need a calc for the logic class. Be wary that a lot teachers don't allow ti-89's because of their power.
  • Splintercell50Splintercell50 Registered User Posts: 565 Member
    ^^^

That sounds funny for some reason. The power comment seems like the TI-89 is scary. lol.

But yea, a lot of profs/teachers don't allow TI-89s.
  • Ilovesoftball44Ilovesoftball44 Registered User Posts: 1,497 Senior Member
    Why are they not allowed?
  • EastonEaston Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Because they know you can use programs to save equations to cheat on tests.

In my accounting classes, we're provided with calculators, but they're the cheapest **** ever because their buttons are stiff to press. It slows me down and I get paranoid that I didn't type in the numbers correctly so I do everything twice.
  • lakhannvlakhannv Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    TI-89's contain a vast amount of power-- if harnessed, we may no longer be in an energy crisis. lol.

No, in Calculus/Diff EQ classes, the 89 can do a lot of work for you that teachers are trying to test you on-- thats why they aren't allowed
This discussion has been closed.