Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Are you a Business Major?

WhadabalaWhadabala Registered User Posts: 37 New Member
edited May 2008 in Business Major
I have a few questions for you. Where/What are you studying? Is it what you expected? Do you enjoy the studies beyond the intro classes? Why did you pick this major? What would you like to do once you graduate?

I'm just looking for input, as I am considering a degree in Business. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Whadabala on

Replies to: Are you a Business Major?

• ABCB7099ABCB7099 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
    Accounting at UF

Yes

Yes, very much - upper level accounting is nothing like the tedious intro classes.

I had exposure to it via my mother and I knew that I would enjoy it. Financial outlook and job stability also factored in.

I'd like to work as an auditor in a large CPA firm for a couple years and see where life takes me after that.
  • tomatokingtomatoking Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    No. I'm entering as a philosophy major this fall, as a freshman.

I just lurk.
  • SkoobySkooby Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    ABC...what is upper level accounting like?
  • DawgieDawgie Registered User Posts: 1,576 Senior Member
    Upper level accounting classes are boring as hell, and difficult to study and retain. Are they useful in your professional career? Yes I'd say so.
  • WhadabalaWhadabala Registered User Posts: 37 New Member
    That's funny, I had exposure to accounting via my mother also... and I very much dislike it :)
This discussion has been closed.