Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Visit to Merrill Lynch

moose35moose35 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
edited May 2005 in Business Major
Hey guys,

don't know if anyone interested but kinda bored so...I went on a trip with a Wall Street class I have to visit the Merrill Lynch building in downtown manhattan and there were 6 panelists, all very recent grads (undergrad), ~2004
one went to Penn but majored in engineering, not from Wharton or in huntsman
two from UVA
one from Georgetown
One from u of dayton
don't remember where the other from

makes me kinda wonder if i should not have turned down gtown for stern since they seem to mention uva and gtown a lot as being top schools they hire from

anyway that's it if anyone interested
Post edited by moose35 on

Replies to: Visit to Merrill Lynch

• hollaratmecollegehollaratmecollege Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    dayton??? connections maybe.
  • moose35moose35 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    yeah she seemed the least big city-ish to me whereas the gtown guy seemed very jock/frat boy-ish but that's just me
  • moose35moose35 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    and they kept making fun of the ibanker and her long hours - she's been leaving at about 9 this week so it's been a good one :)
  • botangersbotangers Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    They also might not all work in investment banking. Some could be doing "less sexy" like credit risk analysis or something. I think Stern is better than Gtown if you want to go into banking, either way you just have to make sure you do well and stand out...
This discussion has been closed.