Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High school to undergrad..planning ahead

2»

Replies to: High school to undergrad..planning ahead

• VectorWegaVectorWega Registered User Posts: 1,872 Senior Member
    This clearly shows your lack of experience with technical degrees.

I'm actually quite familiar. I don't need to waste anybody's time posting paragraphs about my credentials though.

The fact is that you gave absolutely HORRIBLE advice and I called you out on it. You live in a fairy tale world where the only way you can be successful is by becoming an engineer. That simply isn't the case.

BTW, you keep referencing manufacturing jobs like we don't live in a service based economy. Frankly, the jobs that you are talking about don't seem all that appealing and aren't what most people are wanting to do when they go for their MBA. However, quite often engineers will be pigeon holed into these positions.
    What did you learn in an MBA that you didn't learn in a BBA program?

A ton. There will be some rehash regardless of what your major is. I had 180+ hours of undergrad credit including 7+ marketing courses and the marketing management course in the MBA program was unlike any course I had taken. Even CPAs hadn't been exposed to much of the work taught in my Financial Accounting course. Everyone is expected to know the fundamentals going into the program. Engineering majors obviously are well versed in operations/statistics but generally have to take these classes again in MBA program. Once you get into the more hardcore finance courses, someone with a finance background (regardless of major) can contribute more in class and will have a better idea of the questions that need to be asked.

That being said, I'm not of the opinion that learning is the most important thing one gets out of an MBA program.
2»
This discussion has been closed.