Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Leadership or Math

2»

Replies to: Leadership or Math

• IndianaGrad65IndianaGrad65 Registered User Posts: 1,172
    for a math minor I would have to take one extra statistics course and two 3 cr. 300 level math classes. I am taking statistical techniques this summer and calc 2 next summer, regardless of if I get the math minor or not. I was pretty good at math in high school (completed calc BC and physics C).

Leadership minor has two types of classes. Leading in business and leading in the military. I would have to take both types of classes.
  • yaganonyaganon Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Math
    recruiters love good math backgrounds.
  • openedskittlesopenedskittles Registered User Posts: 954 Member
    Leadership sounds laughable. I can not take that seriously as a major as it seems like a huge load of BS; it's like saying you have a degree in experience! I would do neither if I were you.
  • jonahrubinjonahrubin Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    My school has a leadership program which actually makes you take on a project(some kind of volunteer nonsense) and you get evaluated somehow. God knows I wouldn't take it, but it's not like it's just classes.

I know employers at my school pushed for the silly program. I think they are wrong, just as I think it's silly of them to care if someone organized a bake sale for the Finance Club...but it is what it is.
2»
This discussion has been closed.