Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Some questions from a prospective student...

vinnylivinnyli Registered User Posts: 408 Member
Hi, I am a high school senior who has applied to several undergraduate business schools. I am interested in business law and would like to pursue a JD/MBA joint degree. Which schools around the East Coast have the best JD/MBA program that is geared towards finance, international relations, communications, and management? (I was looking into Wharton's, Harvard's, and Stern's, and those would be the sort of joint programs I am interested in).
Also, with the economy as is, should I go to my state school's honors program (which has a decent but not stellar business program) for free and transfer after my first/second year, or should I go to a better undergraduate business school and pay more money? I am inclined to do the first to save some money, but I am not sure. Transferring would open up doors to new programs, like McIntire's and Haas's, and would give me the chance to work at for a year at my high school, but I would not be able to build long-time relations with my teachers/peers if I choose to do so and have to stay longer (take more classes) to finish college.
Thank you for responding.
This discussion has been closed.